The Everest Base Camp (EBC) trek is the most popular trek in the Himalayas and is visited by thousands of trekkers each year. Trekking through the Everest region offers breathtaking views on 4 of the 6 highest peaks in the world: Mt Everest (8.848 m), Mt Lhotse (8.516 m), Mt Makalu (8.485 m), and Mt Cho Oyu (8.201 m). Beside that we have the opportunity to get a glimpse into the life of the Sherpa’s – the most famous climbers in the world. We go sightseeing around Sagarmatha National Park – Sagarmatha is the Nepalese name of Mt Everest, and means The Top of the World. Sagarmatha National Park is a UNESCO World Heritage site and is a home to many unique plants and animals. On our way we also get a closer look at the highest Buddhist monasteries in the world and learn about the Sherpa’s’ spiritual perspective on the mountains. And of course as a top highlight itself – the trip to Everest Base Camp (5.364 m) with the thrill on being up close to the highest mountain in the world.
The highest point on the EBC trek is the top of Kalapathar (5.554 m). Kalapathar is a very popular landmark among the trekkers since it provides the most accessible point to view Mt Everest from base camp to peak (due to the structure of Everest, the peak cannot be seen from the base camp).
The 12-day Everest Base Camp itinerary is a moderate trek designed for novice trekkers who are in good health with normal physical fitness.
The lodges in the Everest Trekking region offer extensive menus, ranging from the typical Nepali dahl bath (rice with lentils) to pizzas and spaghetti. Hot showers are available at most of the places.
You are advised to consider the following equipment as essentials while packing. Please use this list as a guideline. Adjustments to the list can be managed according to our requirements, interests, duration of the trip, and season of the trip. We can find a variety of these gears to hire or buy in Kathmandu. The majority of the gears which are for sale in Kathmandu are locally manufactured (hence a lot cheaper) and some gears found here are imported from China and are obviously of better quality. We can find very high quality branded gears too in some famous stores in Kathmandu.
Many of the personal climbing gears can be hired in the base camp as well, however, the quality of equipment at base camp can be not as high as those found in Kathmandu to hire. Further, it will be better to remember that at the start of the trek, apart from our day pack, our luggage that will be carried by porters. Since luggage has weight limitation of approximately 33 pounds or 15 kg.
- Sun hat or scarf
- Light balaclava or warm fleece hat
- Sunglasses with UV protection
- Under Garments
- Hiking shorts
- Lightweight cotton long pants
- Light and expedition weight thermal bottoms
- Fleece or wool pants (seasonal)
- Waterproof (preferably breathable fabric) shell pants
- Thin, lightweight inner socks
- Thick, warm wool hiking socks
- Hiking boots with spare laces
- Camp shoes (sneakers and/or sandals)
- Gaiters for hiking in winter to the base camp
- Light and expedition weight thermal tops
- Fleece jacket or pullover
- Fleece Wind-Stopper jacket (optional)
- Waterproof (preferably breathable fabric) shell jacket
- Down vest and/or jacket *
- Lightweight gloves
- Heavyweight gloves or mittens with a waterproof shell outer (seasonal)
- Sleeping bag rated to zero DC
- Headlamp (e.g. Petzl Zoom) with spare bulbs and batteries
- Trekking Bags/Duffel bag
- Basic First Aid Kit
- Large plastic bags – for keeping items dry inside trek bag
- Daypack (approximately 2500 to 3000 cubic inches)
- Trekking Poles
- Water bottle (2) or camel bag
- Toiletries (Small wash towel, Toilet papers etc)
- Ear Plug (who know some people on group are snoring)
- 1 medium sized quick-drying towel
- Toothbrush/paste (preferably biodegradable)
- Multipurpose soap (preferably biodegradable)
- Nail clippers
- Face and body moisturizer
- Feminine hygiene products
- Small mirror
- Wet wipes (baby wipes)
- Tissue /toilet roll
- Antibacterial hands wash
- Reading book
- Trail Map/Guidebook
- Journal & Pen
- Pencils and small notebooks
- Travel game i.e. chess, backgammon, scrabble.
Two nights standard accommodation in Kathmandu (on the arrival day and after the trekking).
Your standard meals (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) during the trekking.
All necessary paper works and conservation entry permits.
Ground transportation from Kathmandu to Bhulbhule by bus.
All accommodations in lodges/tea houses during the treks.
Trekkers Information Management System (TIMS) Permit.
An experienced, helpful and friendly Guide, porters (1 porter for 2 peoples).
Salary, Food, Drinks, Accommodation, Transportation and Insurance for the Guide and Porter.
Arrangement of Emergency Helicopter service which will be paid by your Travel insurance company.
Medical supplies (first aid kit will be available).
All government taxes.
Excess baggage charges with domestic flight.
Lunch / dinner in Kathmandu.
Emergency rescue and medical expenses.
Personal expenses e.g. phone calls, laundry, bar bills personal porters.
Tips for the trekking crew.
Other optional trips/activities and sightseeing if required.
|Trek Starts||Trek Ends|
|July 27, 2020||August 8, 2020||Book Now|
|August 9, 2020||August 21, 2020||Book Now|
|August 22, 2020||September 3, 2020||Book Now|
|September 4, 2020||September 16, 2020||Book Now|
|September 17, 2020||September 29, 2020||Book Now|
|September 30, 2020||October 12, 2020||Book Now|
|October 13, 2020||October 25, 2020||Book Now|
|October 26, 2020||November 7, 2020||Book Now|
|November 8, 2020||November 20, 2020||Book Now|
|November 21, 2020||December 3, 2020||Book Now|
|December 4, 2020||December 16, 2020||Book Now|
|December 17, 2020||December 29, 2020||Book Now|
|January 12, 2021||January 24, 2021||Book Now|
|January 25, 2021||February 6, 2021||Book Now|
|February 7, 2021||February 19, 2021||Book Now|
|February 20, 2021||March 4, 2021||Book Now|
|March 5, 2021||March 17, 2021||Book Now|
|March 18, 2021||March 30, 2021||Book Now|
|March 31, 2021||April 12, 2021||Book Now|
|April 13, 2021||April 25, 2021||Book Now|
|Departs in every 13 days|